I respect that the indigenous peoples are standing up for their rights , and are fighting for there survival both physical and cultural. I compare it to the migration of south american immgrants into the united states. I can't blame these oppressed people for standing up for themselves and doing everything in their will power to have a better life. Infact I respect that and think that all governments should figure a way to help these people instead of turning them back in the case of american borders or give them land to farm in Brasil. The problem in brasil is large land owners, they do produce large amouts of the countries agriculture but how many native indigenous people have to die, and how much money does a land owner have to make for it to be enough???
I dont think that these working class people want hand outs. And I believe other Brasilians kind of assume that is what is going on. That the government has a program to hand out land to the poor for free. Yet, the goal of these poeple and the government is to develope a plan that will generate employment, boost food production and help strengthen the domestic market.
No comments:
Post a Comment